Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Family of Newts

20120428Pond

This was a photo taken at Pepperwood Preserve near Healdsburg, Ca. Pepperwood hosts an extremely beautiful and expansive landscape filled with wonderful creatures, and I always enjoy visiting it. In this picture members of my family were searching for newts in a small pond coined the "frog pond".

When I look at this photo, the ambience and color of the picture allows me to revisit the emotions and surroundings I was experiencing at the time. This is one of the great things about photography. It isn't even a particularly high quality photo, but it really captures the essence of the moment. I can't really say exactly how the reflection of my family in the water affects the photo, but personally I think it adds to the peaceful and loving aroma of the scene; and I love it.

PLORE: Predicting, Locating, Organizing, Remembering, Evaluating

This captured shot represents Locating and Remembering. It represents locating because not only are we locating newts in this photo, but we are also locating the simple and precious moments in life. It was very fun to point out these creatures floating around in the water while laughing and joking around with the people I love. I am truly blessed to be able to experience and locate these moments. If one is fortunate enough to experience these moments, it's of course important to remember them. This is because things do not last forever, and capturing certain emotions will give you comfort when you need it most. I also think memories contribute to the complexion of who you are in the future, so why not remember all the good times?

No comments:

Post a Comment